A series of virtual farm walks & discussion with two leading beef farmers (Sam Chesney, County Down and James Evans, Shropshire) will take place fortnightly at 8pm starting on 10th August 2020.
Purpose: To establish a dynamic digital forum to advance education amongst livestock farmers with a focus on grassland agriculture and key factors of consumer interest in livestock products.
Theme: Connected pasture management
- Week 1 - 10th August - Farm ambassador introductions
- Week 2 - 24th August - Optimising beef productivity from grassland
- Week 3 - 7th September - Farm animal welfare
- Week 4 - 21st September - Net zero carbon beef farming
- Week 5 - 5th October - One Health
- Week 6 - 19th October - Eating quality
A flyer on the events can be viewed here
To register for the events click here
The is an EIT Food project involving ABP, Queen's University Belfast, ABP, University of Reading, John Deere and AgriSearch. EIT Food is supported by EIT a body of the European Union.