Grass growth for the last week has fallen to 65.7kgDM/Ha/day. Grass growth is predicted fall to 60.6kgDM/Ha/day during this week and to 50.0kg DM/Ha/day next week.
Grass quality has declined slightly and currently has a dry matter of 13.1%, ME 11.3, Crude Protein of 18.8%, Sugars 8.7%.
GrassCheck is funded by AgriSearch.
The full bulletin can be viewed by clicking here.
- The impact of autumn conditions on grass production is obvious with reduced day length and lower night temperatures, meaning growth rates are expected to decline steadily over the next two weeks.
- Both ME and sugars have declined from the previous week due to conditions.
- Continue to walk your grazing platform and make sure cows are going into the correct pre-grazing cover (2800-3000kg DM/ha).
- Review parlour feed settings (M+), particularly where grazing conditions are difficult.
- As highlighted grass production is starting to decline, you now need to manage the grass wedge for extended grazing into late autumn.